5 Reasons to Schedule a Prenatal Feeding Consultations
Updated: Mar 16
Learning to feed your newborn baby can be difficult at times, especially when you're sleep deprived and trying to adjust to your new lifestyle. Here are 5 reasons to schedule a prenatal feeding consultation before baby arrives:
1) Prenatal feeding consults give you an opportunity to explore ways you will be feeding your baby and establish goals. Do you want to exclusively feed your baby at the breast? Do you want to feed at the breast, but also be able to offer bottles of breastmilk? Breastfeeding and bottle feeding can look different for every family. What will work best for yours?
2) During your prenatal feeding consultation, we will discuss tips to establish and maintain your breastmilk supply. The first few days after baby is born can sometimes be the most crucial in determining your breastfeeding longevity.
3) One aspect we will discuss during your prenatal feeding consultation is bottles! With so many on the market, it can be difficult to determine which ones you should purchase. We will discuss which types we prefer and basic bottle feeding skills.
4) For many of the moms we see during prenatal consultations, this isn't their first baby. We can discuss the issues you had with previous births and tips to facilitate improved success this time around.
5) Lastly, we aim to make prenatal consultations as individualized as possible. We will sit with you and answer any questions or concerns you might have regarding your supply, previous breastfeeding or bottle feeding experiences, or things to expect!
Meeting with you prenatally helps us establish a relationship and be there to offer support once baby arrives. If you need support, seeking intervention early is always best! be pleasant. Little Ones, Infant and Pediatric Therapy, is speech and feeding therapy service based in Lubbock, TX. Our owner is a Speech-Language Pathologist and Certified Lactation Counselor. Feel free to give us a call at (806)370-0851 to schedule your prenatal feeding consultation.